In preparation for the Spring Equinox Challenge I felt compelled to discuss the necessity for healing or what I would call balance. For us to be open to receive healing or those things that we would like to see manifested in our lives, we must first clear our energy and find balance. One of the ways to find balance is to focus your energy on balancing or clearing your chakras, specifically your heart chakra.
The heart chakra is the center of the energetic activity in the mind, body, and spirit. We tend to think of the brain as being the center, and the brain is extremely important. It works together with the heart in a major way that helps the entire system to function properly. The brain is not less important than the heart and one could not work without the other. They are like male and female energies, yin and yang. They require one another to function. The heart however, is a very important connection in the overall mind, body and spirit. It is the center from which healing radiates, along with the powerful connection to the brain which stores our imagination, visions, meditations, perceptions etc. all where ultimately our reality begins.
With Venus currently in retrograde it’s a prime time to work on your heart chakra. Signs your heart chakra may be blocked or out of balance include feelings of insecurity, shyness, and loneliness. If you have an inability to forgive or a tendency to lack empathy, then you may be leading with your head more often than your heart. Additionally, an overpowering chakra can include feelings codependency, and looking outward for acceptance or fulfillment. Intense jealousy or harsh judgment of others are also signs of an imbalance of the heart chakra.
Clearing and balancing your heart chakra can help you:
- grow spiritually
- dissolve the illusion of separateness
- heal emotionally and physically
- forgive yourself and others
- connect deeply to others
- open your heart to the universal love that always surrounds you
- open your heart to human love and have healthy relationships
- rise above anger, hatred, and jealousy, and rise to a higher state of consciousness.
- experience deep inner balance and peace.
- open yourself up for manifestation
If you feel you’d benefit from clearing your heart chakra, there are many practical, every-day things that you can do. Here are five ideas:
- Get out in nature. Take a hike or meditate outdoors. Be deeply aware of everything around you and dig deep for appreciation. Carry your heart chakra stones with you.
- Do your best to forgive someone. Just let it go. Then make a list of everyone you can think of who loves you or has loved you–living or dead. Love is always current, always present, even when a relationship has “ended” or a person has died. Let the love sink in. Try to keep the awareness of being loved in the forefront of your heart all day, like a warm glow.
- Perform an anonymous “random act of kindness” every day for a week. Notice how it makes you feel.
- Reconnect with an old, dear friend. Let them know what they’ve meant to you.
- Create and repeat an affirmation such as:
- “I forgive naturally and easily.”
- “My heart is full.”
- “I see evidence of love all around me.”
- “It is my nature to heal.”
- “It is my nature to manifest.”
- “The love that I give comes back to me many times over.”
Be reminded, when meditating, speaking affirmations, or focusing your energy on healing and manifestation, intention matters! Before doing any of the activities above, set your intentions. Speak them. For example, you might set and hold a general intention for heart chakra healing, or a more specific goal of forgiving someone, healing from an emotional wound, developing compassion, dissolving separation, etc. Just make your purpose clear, perform the activity mindfully, and as you’re doing it, occasionally take a moment to silently affirm that your actions are creating your reality of being healed and whole.
I pray you achieve all that your heart desires. Much love and many blessings to you.