Simple 5-Step New Moon Ritual
The New Moon energy is very powerful and it can be harnessed through ritual to manifest our intentions. Ritual is a beautiful way to connect symbolically to your Higher Self and set your clear intentions of what you want to bring into your life. Part of co-creating our world is in connecting with the energy of the natural ebb and flow of our universe and utilizing this energy to bring forth our desires. There are energies of endings (as in the Full Moon) and there are energies of beginnings and manifesting, this is why a New Moon ritual is so powerful.
There are many ways that you can observe and take advantage of the new moon energy. Some like to indulge in ritual while others a simple meditation session. Do what feels right for you. If you’re looking for something more simple, here’s a new moon ritual to try:
- A few days before the new moon, keep your body and mind pure. This means no negative thinking, drop the gossiping, eat right (avoid fast food), and continue with whatever spiritual or personal growth practices you’re doing. This could be meditation, creative visualization, or reading. During this time think about what you truly want to manifest.
- On the day of the new moon, go outside where you are physically connected to nature. The moon after all is an element of nature. If possible, find a place near water and light a candle. This way you’ll be surrounded by all four elements: fire, water, air, and earth.
- Sitting in a quiet spot, relax yourself by focusing on your breath or doing a short meditation.
- Once you feel sufficiently relaxed, take out your New Moon journal or a piece of paper and handwrite your intentions. Keep in mind, you are not asking the Universe for these things. The fact that they are even a thought means that they are on the way. So, don’t write down asks, write down affirmations (i.e. May I heal and be whole. May I move in courage and confidence and always stay grateful.)
- After you finish, you may take some time to re-read and spend some time visualizing you having/embodying what you have written
I hope this is helpful in at least getting you started. Reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in attending my Private Moon Manifestation Sessions and stay tuned for Sessions that will be offered online, coming soon!
New Moon Schedule 2017